Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries – Western Regional Council (FICCI-WRC), is organizing a two day conference on "Green-fuel" – An Eco-friendly, Farm Grown next Generation Fuel –on 29th and 30th of September’05 at Hotel Intercontinental, Mumbai.
As you are aware that rapidly increasing fuel consumption and consequent depletion of fossil reserves clearly shows that the end of the ‘Fossil Fuel Age’ is not very far. Besides, such fuels are the chief contributors to urban air pollution and a major source of greenhouse gases (GHGs) - considered to be the main causes behind the climate change phenomena. India has a great potential for production of bio-fuels like bio-ethanol and bio-diesel from non-edible oil seeds.
The enormous potential of bio-fuel is yet to be realized in India. Our aim at FICCI-WRC, in organizing a Conference-"Green-fuel"– An Eco-friendly, Farm Grown next Generation Fuel –’05 is to bring together technological experts, policy makers, regulatory officials, industry leaders, growers/farmers, distillers associations, sugar manufacturers association, oil companies, traders, automobile association, entrepreneurs, promotional and marketing agencies and financial institutions to:
- Tap the high potential of producing bio-fuel from India’s waste agricultural produce
- Enhance energy security owing to reduced dependence on oil imports
- Develop proper technology/ strategies to reduce vehicular pollution for better environment
- Utilize the waste natural resources for healthier tomorrow
- Increase employment and derive significant improvement of the rural economy
We have invited Hon’ble Union Minister of Agriculture Shri Sharad Pawar as chief guest and Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra to be our guest of Honour. Eminent speakers from different fields who have been invited to address the conference include:
- Mr. Vinay Kore, Minister, MNES, Govt. of Maharashtra,
- Dr. M.S. Swaminathan, Chairman, MS Swaminathan Res. Foundation,
- Dr. Daniel Gustafson, FAO representative (India),
- Dr. Craig Bryson from Australia,
- Dr. Reinhard K. Henning from Germany amongst others.
For more information:
Dr. Debashree Chakraborty
Senior Asst. Director