1. Increase natural gas supply, (above 4.6 billion cu.m.)
2. Reform 1105 coal-burned boilers in the central urban area, including 425 in Chaoyang District, 284 in Haidian District, 396 in Fengtai District before the end of October 2007.
3. Implement emission standard for coal-fired boilers. Enhance monitoring on excessive emitting boilers.
4. Accelerate energy switch from coal to clean energy in urban-suburban areas.
5. Push small coal oven treatment in common livelihood forward
- 10,000 families in Dongcheng District, 10,000 in Xicheng District, and 2,000 in Xuanwu District
1. All vehicle owners should enhance vehicle maintenance and waste gas inspection.
2. Implement new vehicle emission standard
- Prepare for the national IV new standard in 2008
3. Phase out or treat old vehicles
- Renew 2,580 buses and 5,000 taxis. All the high-emitting, yellow-labeled vehicles that were registered before 1990 will not be permitted to be used (end of 2007)
4. Enhance treatment of waste oil gas from heavy vehicles that are used for environmental cleaning, public transport, legal and postal services.
5. Use of higher quality oil
- From April 1, 2007, all buses should use advanced diesel with sulfur content lower than 50 ppm
6. Deepen industrial pollution treatment
- Beijing Jingneng, Datang Beijing Gaojing power plants, Huaneng Beijing Heat & Electric, Guohua, Jingfeng should install waste gas de-nitrification facilities before 2007 ends.
- Capital Steel should stop some of its facilities: No.2, No.4 high furnaces, three steel-making plants, one coking furnace and six solidification machines and reduce producing capacity by 4 million tons before 2007 ends.
- Yanhua should adopt waste gas treatment projects. Yanhua Second Ltd and Organic Chemical should be stopped.
- All cement enterprises should enhance dust treatment.
- The construction department should be responsible for the movement of mixed concrete inside the 5th Ring road. Beixin Construction Material Ltd should stop concrete production.
- The relevant department should identify a list of lagged technologies and machines with high energy consumption and those which emit heavy pollution.
1. Construction units should be responsible for: controlling floating dust ; implementing comprehensive monitoring of construction activities making sure that construction activities making sure that construction activities are 100% covered, the construction ground is 100% solidified, the wheels of construction vehicles are 100% washed and that the undeveloped areas are 100% planted.
2. The Municipal Construction Committee is responsible for enhancing the monitoring and control of floating dust in the construction sites.
1. Accelerate urban-suburban ecological construction and protection
- Implement the construction of ecological counties/districts in Xicheng, Chaoyang, Haidian, Miyun and Yanqing.
- Enhance planting activities, especially the Jing-Jin sand storm source treatment, the "3-North" prevention forest construction and the Yanshan-Taihang Mountain Greening Project.
2. Implement pollution-alarm systems
- Publish on-time information for the information of the citizens during periods of heavy pollution
- Relevant government agencies should adopt appropriate controls and restrictions, depending on the type and characteristics of the pollution.
3. Enhance research on air pollution and pollution prevention
4. Encourage emission reduction and implement standards.