This workshop is an activity of the Risks and Adaptation to Climate Change in Biodiversity Conservation Corridors Initiative (BCI) Pilot Sites in PRC, Thailand and Viet Nam Project of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) - Core Environment Program (CEP).
About the GMS-Core Environment Program and The Project:
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is executing the GMS Core Environment Program (CEP) and the Biodiversity Conservation Corridors Initiative (BCI), which is a regional technical assistance program for promoting establishment of sound environmental management systems and institutions that mainstream environmental management and biodiversity conservation in the GMS Economic Cooperation Program and subregional development.
The project Risks and Adaptation to Climate Change in BCI Pilot Sites in PRC, Thailand and Viet Nam aims to build capacity and knowledge base to adapt to climate change by using modelling, assessment and analysis relevant to local needs, developed in partnerships with local institutions in the GMS countries.
- Introduction to the workshop – Frank Murray
- Future climate projection: A plausible future with climate change in a regional context – Suppakorn Chinvanno, SEA START *
- Impacts of climate change and adaptation in Thailand – Dr Louis Lebel, USER, Chiang Mai University
- Impacts of climate change and adaptation in Vietnam – Dr Nguyen Lanh, ISPONRE, MONRE
- Ground level ozone in the GMS – Didin Agustian Permadi, AIT *
- Acid deposition in the GMS – Asif Iqbal, AIT
- Acid deposition in Kanchnaburi – Dr Hathairatana Garivait, ERTC, Thailand
- Impacts of climate change and adaptation in Yunnan Province of China – Mr Xie Guoqing, China
- Impacts of climate change and adaptation in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region of China – Ms Kuang Zhaomin, China *
- Air quality monitoring in the central part of Viet Nam - Professor N. T. Kim Oanh, AIT, Bangkok *
* - File to large; if you would like to request for a copy of the presentation pls. email Ms. Gianina Panopio - gianina(dot)panopio(at)cai-asia(dot)org. Kindly indicate the following info:
Name of requestor:
Title of requested presentation
Name of event:
Date of presentation: